2021 Art Competition
‘Live as well as possible, as long as possible’
Tell your palliative care story in a creative way and go in the running for cash prizes
Palliative Care Australia’s annual Art Competition is back for its 6th year. The competition aims to raise awareness in the community about palliative care, end-of-life care, death, and bereavement.
This year’s Art Comp theme is “Live as well as possible, as long as possible”. This theme highlights an important aspect of palliative care – allowing people with life-limiting conditions to continue to do the things they enjoy most and be around the people they love for as long as possible. In this way, entries should focus on how palliative care can: Improve quality of life, help people participate in activities that are important to them, and create opportunities for love, laughter, and fulfilment.
There are many prizes on offer, including:
- Overall Winner’s Award: $1,000 prize money;
- People’s Choice Award: $500 prize money;
- First Nations Award: $500 prize money;
- And, minor prizes worth $250 recognising young and emerging artists.
Judges will decide winners based on:
- A high-resolution photograph of the artwork – so please make sure the photo of your artwork is clear enough to see the detail of your work.
- The description of how your artwork fits with the theme (max. 100 words).
Submissions open on Wednesday, 30 June 2021, open for eight weeks, closing on Wednesday, 25 August 2021.
To submit your entry, browse this year’s gallery or to view entries from previous competitions please follow the links below.
If you have any questions please contact us on 02 6232 0700, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.